- Ashley Harley on Read an extract from No! I Don’t Need Reading Glasses! and enter our competition
- Sarah Silverton on David Mark competition
- Margaret Gellatly on David Mark competition
- Fiona sharp on The Last Wild shortlisted for Waterstones Children’s Book Prize 2014
- Lynda Packham on David Mark competition
- val on Hash
- Linda Ash on David Mark competition
- Judith Hamilton on David Mark competition
- Elaine Steele on David Mark competition
- Jay on x10 Young Adult fiction titles up for grabs
- Interview with Julie Maxwell
- Interview with Duncan Jepson
- Interview with James Benmore
- Interview with Damien Lewis
- Q&A with Claire Dyer
- Q&A with Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Q&A with Anna Bell
- Q&A with Nuala Casey
- William Shaw 30-second Q&A
- Q&A with V M Giambanco
- Q&A with V M Giambanco
- Q&A Kristin Harmel
- 30 Seconds with Rosie Fiore
- Mikhail Shishkin
- Philip Kerr interview
Today is the publication day for Abby Clements and her brilliant debut Meet Me Under the Mistletoe. We caught up with her for a quick Q&A:
Where were you born? In north London
What’s your comfort food? Macaroni cheese, or gnocchi. Yum. I can’t resist carbs.
What’s your favourite tipple? Rum and ginger beer – or, at Christmastime, sloe gin.
What superpower would you want? To know what male family members really want for Christmas
Dog or cat? Dog all the way – particularly dressed in antlers or silly outfits (sorry, dogs).
What keeps you sane? Friends who’ve known me since I was in school, when I wore huge red glasses and my mum cut my fringe.
What scares you? I can’t swim in the sea without thinking of great white sharks
Beaches or adventure? Both. Just not at the same time, thanks (see above).
What’s your holiday read? The Villa by Rosanna Ley
What is the best present you’ve ever received? A silver necklace with a fox, from my boyfriend. The chain also has a little silver hat on it, so at certain points of the day the fox can be wearing the hat. Hours of entertainment for a writer with deadlines to meet.
What have you learned about yourself as you’ve got older? That I’m more cheerful first coffee of the day
What would people be surprised to discover about you? Quite how grumpy I can be before that.
Sweet or savoury? I love chocolatey things
What is your favourite sport? Is this a trick question? Or if we’re talking about watching, the paralympic high jump was awe-inspiring.
What is your favourite way to travel? Buses – I can’t resist snooping in people’s first floor windows…
Would you rather read the book or watch the film? Read the book
Night in or night out? Summer – night out, Winter – night in
What are you currently listening to? Michael Kiwanuka’s Home Again – just beautiful.
Check out her website for more information about the book and a whole lot more!