- cathy creighton on Win all of our Cookery Books!
- Avril Luke on Win all of our Cookery Books!
- Chris Tilbrook on Win all of our Cookery Books!
- Anne Mackle on Win all of our Cookery Books!
- pauline byrne on Read an extract by Anna Bell & win Hummingbird Bakery Vouchers!
- Joanne Bowen on Read an extract by Anna Bell & win Hummingbird Bakery Vouchers!
- Steve Lee on Read an extract by Anna Bell & win Hummingbird Bakery Vouchers!
- helen on Allegra McEvedy Family Recipes
- Kirsteen Mackay on Allegra McEvedy Family Recipes
- J Robertson on CC Gibbs’ Knight Takes Queen & competition to win trilogy!
- Q&A with Claire Dyer
- Q&A with Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- Q&A with Anna Bell
- Q&A with Nuala Casey
- William Shaw 30-second Q&A
- Q&A with V M Giambanco
- Q&A with V M Giambanco
- Q&A Kristin Harmel
- 30 Seconds with Rosie Fiore
- Mikhail Shishkin
- Philip Kerr interview
- Writing tips from Tom Grieves
- Quercus Couch: David Mark
- Q&A with Piers Torday
- Anna Smith on her writing process and more
Where were you born?
Whitehaven, in Cumbria
What’s your comfort food?
Sushi rice, with avocado, salmon and plenty of wasabi and soy
What’s your favourite tipple?
English Breakfast tea
Dog or cat?
Dogs! I have two basset hounds, Bonham and Violet
What keeps you sane?
Going home to the Lake District – Wastwater and a few Herdwick sheep puts everything in perspective
What scares you?
Town or country?
A bit of both; I love the countryside, but I still get excited by red buses, black taxis, and that promising smell of London on a warm summer night
What’s your favourite holiday read?
Cold Comfort Farm, by Stella Gibbons, or Rachel’s Holiday by Marian Keyes
What is the best present you’ve ever received?
A blue Kitchenaid mixer
What have you learned about yourself as you’ve got older?
I don’t like martinis. And that’s fine.
What would people be surprised to discover about you?
My toenails are always painted emerald green or peacock blue
Sweet or savoury?
What is your favourite sport?
Rugby. Although if you’d asked me during the Olympics I would have insisted it was dressage/cycling/archery, etc.
What is your favourite way to travel?
I love driving – I’m a closet car freak – and adore a long road trip with a stack of good music, and a winding route ahead.
Would you rather read the book or watch the film first?
Read the book, definitely
Night in or night out?
Night out. I think anyone who works mainly from home would go for a night out!
What are you currently listening to?
Hot Cakes by The Darkness
What are you currently reading?
Life After Life, by Kate Atkinson, and The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes