WIN a signed copy of The World According to G and a signed 2015 Tour de France Race Number
26 Oct 2015
My new book is all about my world of cycling - what I've experienced, what it means to me - but also what it means to be part of the brilliant cycling community. Here’s which sum it up for me and I want to see yours. Use the hashtag #AccordingtoG to share pictures / videos of what cycling means to you on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram by 8th November. My favourite will win a signed copy of The World According to G and a signed Tour de France race number. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions:
1 This is a competition for one signed copy of The World According to G by Geraint Thomas and one 2015 Tour de France race number signed by Geraint Thomas. To enter, upload pictures or videos of what cycling means to you to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #AccordingtoG
2. The Winner will be selected from the correct entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions based on the following criteria: creativity of the entry, how well the entry represents the cycling world and the emotion evoked by the entry. The Winner shall be selected by a representative of Quercus Books, a representative of Rocket Sports Management Ltd and Geraint Thomas, whose decision will be final.
3. The Winner may see their entry posted on the Quercus Books Ltd (hereinafter “COMPANY”) website and possibly other websites and Twitter accounts
4. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
5. The competition opens at 12:01 am GMT on 26th October 2015 and closes at 11:59 pm GMT on 8th November 2015. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
6. The competition is open to anyone aged 16 or over in the UK and the Republic of Ireland except employees of COMPANY, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families. If the winner is under 18 years of age, the Winner will be asked to have his or her guardian complete waivers, consent forms and/or other documentation as prerequisite for being awarded the prize.
7. Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- By submitting your entry, you agree and warrant that (i) the submission contains the entrant’s own original work; (ii) nothing in the submission is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s right; (iii) any music used is original to the entrant or there is written permission from the original creator. We reserve the right to ask for the permission before any prize is distributed. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in the competition and from winning any prize.
- By entering the competition, you hereby grant to COMPANY an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide and for all languages, license to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use Your Entry for any purpose, in any manner and in all medium now known or hereinafter devised. Furthermore, you waive all moral rights whatsoever in your entry. For the avoidance of doubt, Company is under no obligation to make any use of Your Entry and Company shall make no payment to you for any use of Your Entry.
- We reserve the right to use all the submissions received on our website, our Facebook pages and on our other social networking sites. We will try to include the name of the entrant but this may not always be possible.
8. COMPANY is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
9. COMPANY reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice. No cash alternatives to prizes will be provided.
10. The Winner will be published on Geraint Thomas’ Facebook page on 15th November 2015.
11. The email addresses of entrants may be shared with companies within the Hachette group of companies but will not be shared with other companies outside the group. It will be used by the Hachette companies to send you news about our books, products and promotions. You will be given the option of opting out in those emails if you don’t want to receive any further news from us.
12. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. This competition is being organised by Quercus Books Ltd, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
14. These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of these terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.