Pick your Perfect Poolside Read
Travel the World this Summer with Bestsellers from Quercus Books
In June, July and August 150 libraries around the UK will be promoting our fantastic summer paperback programme to thousands of readers by creating summer reading displays, using materials we have supplied, and championing seven of our books. Each library will receive a pack that contains posters, shelf talkers, bookmarks, an ideas document and a set of the seven summer reads.
The seven books featured in the campaign are:
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web, Kitchens of the Great Midwest, Last Dance in Havana, Florence Grace, Love Notes for Freddie, Asking For It, The Tenderness of Wolves 10th Anniversary
We’ll also be spotlighting each of the seven titles over the three months online with an abundance of additional content provided by authors and editors.
Alongside recipe cards, extracts, reading group questions we’ll also be hearing from editors and authors on their top summer reads, favourite settings and their best (and worst…) holidays.
The order we will spotlight the titles
- The Girl in the Spider’s Web (1-15 June)
- Kitchens of the Great Midwest (16-26 June)
- Last Dance in Havana (27 June – 10 July)
- Florence Grace (11-24 July)
- Asking For It (25 July – 7 August)
- Love Notes for Freddie (8-21 August)
- The Tenderness of Wolves (10th Anniversary) (22 August – 1 September)
Libraries will be invited to take part in a display competition by tweeting us photos of their displays using the hashtag #QuercusSummer. The winning library will receive a summer hamper and Pimms set so it’s all to play for! We also have a data capture initiative running whereby readers can enter into a prize draw to win £200 travel vouchers and sign up to hear more from Quercus.
Blogger Book Club
We've teamed up with fifty influential book bloggers who will be reading along with us and reviewing three of our key summer titles between June and August. We'll also be launching a competition to find the best summer-inspired photo of one of our books, and the winner will receive a fantastic beach bag filled with summer essentials.