DISCLAIMER: QUESTIONS ARE BEING COLLECTED SOLELY FOR THE PURPOSES OF PRODUCING JACK DEE’S NEW BOOK. JACK DEE AND/OR QUERCUS EDITIONS LIMITED WILL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY OF THE ENTRIES. IF YOU REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR ASSISTANCE IN RELATION TO ANY ISSUES RAISED IN YOUR QUESTION, YOU SHOULD CONTACT A QUALIFIED PRACTITIONER.
Terms & Conditions:
These are the terms that apply to submitting a question for inclusion in Jack Dee (the “Author”)’s new book (the “Work”) to be published by Quercus Editions Limited of Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DZ (the “Company”. To submit your question, please post your question on Twitter using the hashtag #askjack with your entry.
- By submitting your question, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Collection of the entries is being organised by the Company.
- The Author and/or the Company will decide which entries (if any) to include. For the avoidance of doubt, neither the Author nor the Company is under any obligation to make any use of the entries, and neither the Author nor the Company shall make any payment to any entrant for any use of their entry.
- Entries must be submitted before 11:59pm GMT on [31 October 2020].
- The Company is not obliged to announce the entries that have been selected for inclusion in the Work (if any) or to contact entrants whose entry has been selected.
- By submitting an entry: (a) entrants agree and warrant that: (i) their entry is their own original work; (ii) nothing in their entry is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or any other intellectual property right, or in any way a breach of another’s rights; and (iii) their entry does not contain the Personal Data (defined below) of any third party; and (b) entrants hereby grant to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide and for all languages, licence to copy, adapt, edit, distribute, publish, sublicense, and in any and all other ways use their entry for any purpose, in any manner and in all media now known or hereinafter devised, including (without limitation) the production, publication and promotion of the Work. Furthermore, entrants waive all moral rights whatsoever in their entry. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company may edit entries and/or combine multiple entries.
- Upon request from the Company, entrants will promptly remove any Tweets or other messages they have posted containing or related to their entry where, in the Company’s reasonable opinion, this is necessary in order to: (i) comply with a legal obligation; or (ii) avoid a liability or potential liability for the Company or the Author.
- If an entry is selected for inclusion in the Work, the Company will not include the entrant’s full name, Twitter handle or other identifying details in the Work. However, entrants acknowledge that they may still be identifiable from their original Twitter post.
- The Company reserves the right to use the entries received on its website, its Facebook pages and on its other social networking sites, and in any marketing and promotional materials relating to the Work.
- The Company is the data controller of Personal Data (including any Special Category Data) that it collects in the course of collecting entries and will use the Personal Data in accordance with the Company’s Privacy Notice. The Company will use such Personal Data for the purposes of reviewing submissions for inclusion in the Work and for producing and promoting the Work, and will delete such Personal Data after a reasonable period following the publication of the Work. By making a submission, entrants expressly consent to the Company processing their Personal Data (including any Special Category Data included within the entry) for these purposes. The Company will not share such Personal Data with any third parties except for the purpose of writing, producing, distributing and selling the Work. “Personal Data” means any personally identifying information included within an entry, such as entrants’ names. “Special Category Data” means data revealing a person’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership, data concerning a person’s health, sex life or sexual orientation, or a person’s biometric or genetic data.
- Neither the Author, the Company nor any other member of the Hachette group of companies accepts any liability whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever in respect of any entries. A list of the Hachette UK companies is at https://www.hachette.co.uk/landing-page/company-information-all/.
- These terms and conditions and any disputes or claims (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of them shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England, whose courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.